TEYC Special Announcements
A special message from The Commodore…
The TEYC Annual Curry Buffet is fast approaching and I need to finalise numbers by Wednesday (5/9) so please come back to me ASAP. Re-payment could you please bring cash on the night rather than a bank transfer as the restaurant want cash on delivery. Just to remind you the cost is £10.95 and £6.95 for under 15’s. The bar will be open from 19.15 and the meal will be delivered at approx 20.00.
Also, Essex police have asked me to provide them with details of any damage caused to boats/covers by the rough sleepers last Friday as they are keen to prosecute them. Please provide me with any details if you were affected.
…and one from The Vice Commodore…
The quiz is on for Thurrock Yacht Club Saturday night!! Raising cash for the RNLI…. But how to get there?
- Come sailing. Two cruisers and 3 ribs so far …… see the forts, admire the cranes and avoid the big ships!
- Muster on the TEYC Jetty @ 1pm Saturday. Leaving as soon as we can.
- Bring something to cook on the BBQ or order a takeaway when we are there.
- We will be sleeping on the floor – so bring a sleeping bag. It’s comfy (ish). There are showers.
- Returning Sunday. Toast and hot drinks in the morning. Or come to the Lightship Cafe for a fry up.
- Departing around 11am. We aim to be back at TEYC for 3:30pm. High tide 5:34pm.
I’m running the bar tonight. Come and chat if you want more info..