Saturday 30th June and Sunday 1st July – Island Yacht Club Cruise
The TEYC have another exciting overnight camping trip planned for cadets and adults alike.
- The destination is Island Yacht Club on Canvey Island – just over an hour by sail – the trip promises to be a lot of fun with games and an evening BBQ, so place this date in your diaries now and spend the night under canvas with us at ‘Camp TEYC’
- Non-sailors are welcome to come and join us by car.
- The IYC clubhouse will be open on the Saturday until 11pm, with the Galley Open until 3pm.
- The clubhouse will open again for breakfasts at 9am Sunday.
- The theme for this trip will follow similar lines to the recent Benfleet trip and usual there will be a safety briefing and RIB cover for the journey.
See below for extra details.
Saturday 7th July – BBQ and The Daisy Bowlers
A message from The Commodore…
There will be a late afternoon BBQ followed by a live band and, after much research, we were strongly recommended to book “The Daisy Bowlers” (Google them) and they have kindly agreed to come and play for us in the evening. The cost will be £12.50 for adults and £6.00 for under 14’s Please email me with your numbers ASAP but no later than this Friday – 22nd June as we have a max we can cater for space and food wise. Once we have received your booking we will send you confirmation and give you payment advice. Please do your best to support club events as they provide much needed revenue so that we can continue to improve and maintain our lovely facilities. So please, email The Commodore ASAP (see theweekahead email for his address) to reserve your place and support your club ! Please feel free to bring friends along.
Member looking for crewing opportunities
Careena Nicola is hoping to gain extra sailing experience and is available from the first weekend in July. If you are looking for crew, email firstname.lastname@example.org and will pass your message on.
Now please see below for details of this week’s activities at The TEYC…
18:30: Yoga on the Thames
To book your place contact Sarah, see the latest TheWeekAhead email for her address. Price: £6. Please bring your own mat – Sarah has a limited amount of spare mats to lend.
09:30: Yoga on the Thames
As above to book your place contact Sarah
19:30: Evening Handicap 6
Race Start: 19:30
Race Officer: W Kimbell
Safety Boat: D Sporle
High Water: 19:47 / Height: 5.2
20:00: Bar Open – Run by Nigel Manning
18:30: Evening / Cadet Sail
20:00: Club Night – The bar will be run by Jay Denny and Kev Riddell
21:15: Gnome Night Race
Race Officer: Dave McNally
Safety Boat: Tim McNally / Crew: Clive Brinkman
Safety Boat: Sam Read / Crew: Paul Hunt
High Water: 20:51 / Height: 5.1
11:50: Nore Race
Safety Boat 1: Neil Woodbridge / Crew: Jay Denny
Safety Boat 2: Volunteer Required – Log into DutyMan and volunteer / Crew: Paul Hunt
High Water: 09:38 / Height: 5.2
09:30: Early Risers 3
Race Officer: Eddie Gargan
Safety Boat: Nigel manning / Crew: Skye Denny
High Water: 10:36 / Height: 5.3
13:00 – 16:00: Bar open
COMING UP NEXT WEEK…
Thursday 28th June
20:00: Island Yacht Club Cruise Briefing
Saturday 30th June
10:00: Island Yacht Club Cruise
- Muster on TEYC Jetty at 10:00am
- Prepare boats take briefing
- Sail to IYC at 12:15
- Arrive IYC approx. 13:15 -13:45
- Have lunch or picnic (Galley open until 3pm)
- Set up ‘Camp TEYC’
- BBQ in the evening
- Set sail back to TEYC Sunday afternoon between 1pm – 3pm
- Arrive TEYC approx. 2:00pm – 4:30pm