The Week Ahead 30th October – 5th November
First a very important notice:
If you have signed up for the Cabaret Sauvignon we need you to send in your £15 per head now.
Ways to pay
- Cheques payable to TEYC
- Cash with an identifying note
- Payment direct to the club bank account with a reference our treasurer can easily identify as you. See the latest TEYCWeekAhead email for the Club’s bank details.
The deadline for payment is this Friday, so please get your money in now.
Now please see below for details of all this busy week’s activities at the TEYC…
20:00: Bar open run by Dave Sporle
Beer of the week is Empire – 4.0% ABV – This beautifully British ale is single hopped with Bramling Cross and packs a real fruity punch with hints of blackcurrant.
20:00: Inter-club prize giving at Benfleet YC
Support your club and Cheryl and Ernie who won the Town Cup this year on Eau De Vie. Join them at the inter club prize giving at Benfleet YC – there is a free buffet sponsored by Southend Council. Afterwards, don’t forget to come back to the TEYC for…
20:00: Bar open run by Jonathan Charnock and Jenny Deadman
Once the Empire runs out, it will be followed by Wakering Gold and then Cockleboats.
11:00: Rowing Race
The club will be hosting a Southend Rowers rowing race with during the day from 11:00 till 14:00. Feel free to come and watch.
18:00: Fireworks Spectacular
A message from TEYC Special Ops…
The tension is mounting for the eagerly awaited Firework Spectacular at the TEYC this Saturday. Fireworking will commence immediately after the pier fireworks. We are opening at 18:00 and advise early arrival to avoid the seafront traffic associated with the aforementioned pier fireworks. See flyer for further details.
Special Operations would like to make the following requests…
- We would be grateful you bring with you one or two good quality fireworks for our master fireworkers to ignite on your behalf.
- Of course there will be a raffle. A raffle prize would be most welcome.
- Fancy baking a cake? A themed cake for entry into the TEYC Bake Off may be your thing. The Commodore and his good lady will be the judge of that!
- Bring your cast-off carved pumpkin to decorate the jetty – you know it makes sense!
- Bring out your creative streak and make a firework decoration to hang from the ceiling. A prize will be awarded for the best one the night as judged by The Commodore.
Bring clean clear glass jars with the label removed for making fireworks in a jar – all will be revealed on the night.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
12:00: End of Year Series 3 & 4
Race Officer: Rob Kimball / Safety Boat: D Lowden
High Water: 12:49 / Height: 6.1
12:00: Bar open run by Hannah Rae
Friday 10th November
20:00 RNLI Christmas Card and Gift sale
Come down to the club, get Christmas sorted, support our favourite charity, and have a drink or three at the bar. What a wonderful way to spend an evening!
DIARY DATE – put it in your diary now:
Sunday 10th December
14:00: Christmas Buffet Lunch
The cost is £17.50 per head (adults) and £8.00 (children 12 and under). To book your place, please email Nigel and Carol (see the latest TEYCWeekAhead email for email address) with numbers and any special dietary requirements.